Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This is what's up

If you want to know anything about me, you should know that I hold it down.
I have a tendency to root for the underdog, cuz I'm from a small town that has big city aspirations. I can live in the country, in the forest, in the jungle, in the mountains, on the coast, on an island, in the city, and even in the inner city. I currently reside deep in East Oakland, and I love every minute of it.
I ride my bike to and from the BART station every day without headphones blocking out the reality of these streets. It’s important to see the big picture, but you can only appreciate the details when you’re on the ground, poundin the pavement.
I eat healthy, thanks to my wife.
I drink tecate, bud light, or mgd, depending on what’s on sale. It’s a great day when I can scrape together $2.50 for a slice of pizza and a root beer. I shop at the swap meet and thrift town, and occasionally at the Salvation Army when they have a sale.
I’m down for the rack at all times, but only from corporations like Wal-Mart and the government. I am, however, extremely pissed at everyone who breaks into my car at the BART station every time I have to drive.
I get up for all forms of revolution, especially music and graff, but you better handle your crew, cuz a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
I love my family and all my friends. You all know who you are. I don’t have any enemies, but there might be a couple of haters out there who fantasize about me caring enough to dislike them. There shouldn’t be any, but who knows.
I may not be associated, but I can press, wear you out with my defense, put your stamina to the test.
I don’t need to be in the spotlight, but you will feel my presence anyway. Like humidity, hard to quantify, but making you sweat.
I believe in transparency, but I can keep a secret. I AM NOT A SNITCH, and am not down with anyone who is.
You can have your wine, your priuses, your iphones, the 49ers, art galleries, fixed gear bicycles, fauxhawks, 401(k)s, tight pants, twitter accounts, and whatever else mtv is telling you is cool. Im chillin deep in the pocket and aint about to unlock it.