Monday, May 23, 2011

DSK DNA update

Well, this whole DSK fiasco has me going lower than I thought I could ever willingly go, so I might as well press on, now that I've gone this far.
A DNA sample taken from Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former IMF chief accused of sexually assaulting a hotel maid, has been matched to material found on the maid's shirt, sources familiar with the case tell NBC New York.
-NBC New York

Another white dude felled by the ole 'DNA on the shirt' evidence.
Then this happened:
During their investigation, authorities cut out a piece of carpet and swabbed sinks and other surfaces in his hotel room. Investigators told the AP they believed the carpet in the hotel room may contain Strauss-Kahn's semen, spat out after an episode of forced oral sex by the maid.
-Inside Bay Area

Not sure why the Associated Press had to go there, but here I am as well. While here, I take note that it took over a week for the DNA on shirt evidence to come back, and remind you all that we're supposed to believe that Osama bin Laden's DNA was confirmed within a few hours at most. In a hostile foreign country. Or on a boat. Whatever.
In not enough time.